Unordered List

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Ceiling Fan reDo

Hello, my friends!!! Beautiful warm day today after long winter. Things like that make me happy :)))
And today I want to show you my new ceiling fan. I'm "going vintage shabby" for my house , slowly, but steady :) So every single thing in my house just begging to be repainted!
Here we go, ceiling fan, Ladies and Gentlemen:
BEFORE                                                                              AFTER

I want to tell you a little bit how I did this. So the algorithm is : 
  • Stencil with spackling using palette knife (after spackling is on, just lift the stencil from one edge to another {in case you are using sticker stencil like I did})

  • Painting with Americana Decor Chalky Paint (I'll talk about this paint later in the post).
  • Whitewash with acrylic paint (brush paint, in a minute wipe paint off with the paper towel)
  • Seal with Mod Podge matte finish
I was learning a lot lately about chalk paints and really wanted to try them. My dream is to paint some furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint this summer. But for now I decided to practise with smaller version of chalk paint - Americana Decor Chalky Paint:
Luckily they finally selling those in Canada. No, not in Home Depot yet, but in Michael's. Yeah, my USA friends, you have to be really happy because I find you have much more choices there for everything... anyway... I really loved this paint and how it worked. For the fan I used chalk paint in "primitive" colour. Initially I wanted it in "lace" or "white", but those colours were gone with the wind (I imagining the wild crowd took place...). I loved how smooth the surface was after I sand it a bit, I also loved the coverage this kind of paint gives. I tried to paint the blades with regular acrylics first, but it would take no less than 4-5 layers of paint to cover this laminate kind of surface. Colours they provide are beautiful and this paint is relatively cheap, which is good, with a 40 % off coupon from Michaels I paid about 8 dollars for 224 ml container. Yeah, I was really happy with the paint! I don't know how it differs from ASCP, but I don't think it much better than Americana one. 
What do you think? Did you tried them both and what difference did you find? Will be glad if you share your opinion!!!
PIN to your collection!!!!

Thursday, 24 April 2014

Spice Rack update

Hi, guys, I moved here =>
Hi, everyone. I'm here with the spice rack update. Now it's officially finished, holding cute spice jars. They are from dollar store and the labels are from The graphic fairy!!! I printed the labels on laser printer, then cut them out, moist them with water, brushed mod podge on the back, glue to jars, also applied the mod podge on top brushing from the center to the edges.

 To download these awesome labels click on the images:

I typed the spice names myself using the Photoshop program. You can download them on my Freebies page So, how do you like this vintage update for my kitchen?

LIKE my facebook page for updates and more inspirations:reDOem & Shabby Moth

Thursday, 10 April 2014

Projects are coming..

Hi, everyone, it really was awhile since my last post, sorry about that. What was happening is that I started too many projects at the same time. Now I have some of them finished and some still laying waiting for their turn. Oh, well. Also was busy with my family, three little kids , you know :) That's why I'm so slow with my crafting.
But today there are some things to share, they might be not 100% finished yet, but ready for public anyway.
Actually I started to decorate my ceiling fan blades, and it takes forever, than I redone the vintage spice rack, which you will see now... also lamp redo and shelf painting, blanket crocheting (started let me think... maybe in October..... oh, my :) ) I'm excited for the summer, which means more projects will be done sooner, as I can work outside, hoping to paint even some big pieces like furniture. Excited to try Annie Sloan chalk paint. So here are my plans for now. Try to post regularly is another goal :)
Here is the rack, still going to add the bottles with vintage labels, but I'll repost it again when those are done:

And here is the lamp (before and after): 

This was my first experiment to transfer image to fabric, and I just used the Mod Podge, worked good! I was surprised. 

Till next time! Cheers!!!